Friday 2 February 2007

Hirsuteness and Beardism

I reverted to some manner of normalcy last night: went to bed around midnight and woke up at 8 this morning. My Ambassador had asked if I could come in for a meeting with him and a colleague at 11am today and I had obliged. As I was dressing, I got a call saying that the meeting had been cancelled and so I had an uneventful day.

I have not shaved since last Thursday morning. Shaving on one foot was not exactly fun! I think that since I cut off all my hair in March 1998 and then went to shaving my head clean sometime at the end of 1999, this is the longest I have gone without shaving except for some of those times on my four month (June-October) trip to India in 1999 when I couldn’t be bothered to. I was planning to give the people at work a shock this morning! Maybe I should go the full eight weeks!!! My beard has not been that long since first or maybe early in my second year of university : ) : ) I am sure the Beard Liberation Front and not to mention my religious Muslim brethren would be pleased.


No comments: